Sephora Play Box Review- Worth $10 a Month? Updated
Is the Sephora Play Box a good buy for $10 a month? Check out my latest subscription beauty box addiction and my Sephora Play Box Review. So first up, lets go over all the details. Then check out my boxes below. First up, everybody wants to know what you get and what it cost.
How much does the Sephora Play Box cost?
The Sephora Play Box cost only $10 a month!
What do you get in a Sephora Play Box?
You will receive 6 different new and luxury items in your box. These items can be full size or trial size. You also get a reusable bag you can store your items in or use for something else. It comes with 50 bonus beauty insider points in each box as well!
According to Sephora in each play box you get:
- Five deluxe skin care, makeup, or hair care samples (plus a beauty bonus!) that are curated by our experts. Since beauty isn’t one-size-fits-all, we send you a selection of products that we think are the best for you, based on the answers you provide in your PLAY! PROFILE
- A reusable, recyclable bag that changes with each month’s theme
- Access to video and how-to content on Sephora.com/PLAY
PLAY! BOOK with tips, tricks, how-tos, and beauty advice
- PLAY! PASS to redeem in store or online for 50 bonus Beauty Insider points and a free one-on-one tutorial*
- Free shipping on all PLAY! by SEPHORA boxes
Why should I choose Sephora Play over a different subscription box?
According to Sephora, here are the many reasons you’ll love Sephora Play.
- Try beauty you’ll love – Every box comes with top products from the most buzzworthy brands. Based on your individual PLAY! profile, you’ll get a version with skincare, makeup, hair care, and fragrance trial sizes worth up to a $65 value.
- Get even more samples- Inside every box, you’ll receive a pass good -for 50 bonus Beauty Insider points when you redeem it in store or online – use those points to get even more trial size samples at the Rewards Bazaar.*
- Level up your skills- Each month you’ll get exclusive videos, fun tutorials, and tons of hacks for your new products. Plus, see what subscribers are saying and share what you’re loving in the PLAY! community group.
Do I pick out what comes in my box?
You complete a beauty profile so Sephora can tailor your box specific to your needs.
When will I receive my box?
You will receive your Play box around the 20th of each month.
Can I cancel my Sephora Play Box?
Cancel anytime before the first of the month in order to not be charged. You can resubscribe any time.
Sephora Play Box Review
Okay so here is my take on it. I received excellent products my first box! I will keep a running list of all of my new boxes on here with pictures so you check them out as well. A lot of what I got was sample size but it is the quality of sample that is important. I got high priced luxury items. The retinoid serum alone is worth $85 for the full size. I have been wanting to try this so the sample they gave me was great. I got a full size NARS lipstick pencil which I didn’t think I would love the color. But to my surprise I did. It was a muted brown shade but I really love it.
The reusable bag isn’t as cute as Ipsy. But at this point in my makeup game, I have so many reusable bags I’m not worried about it. Plus if putting a bag like this in the box gives them more wiggle room for better samples than that it good with me.
August 2019 Sephora Play Box
- GLAMGLOWSUPERTONER ™ Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner
- SUNDAY RILEYA+ High-Dose Retinol Serum
- BAREMINERALSDew Mist Shimmering Setting Spray
- NARSVelvet Matte Lipstick Pencil
- CLINIQUEMoisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
- BRIOGEOFarewell Frizz™ Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Crème
September 2019 Sephora play box review
- Benefit gimme brow eyebrow gel
- Lancome lancome Monseiur mascara
- First aid Beauty primer
- Belif moisturizing balm
- Briogeo deep conditioning hair mask
- Viktor & Rolf perfume sample magic sage spell
- 50 Sephora points
I have been dying to try that Lancome mascara so that alone makes this box a total win! You can’t beat these amazing luxury products for the price!
October 2019 Sephora Play Box Review
- SMASHBOX photo finish primer
- Tarte water foundation rainforest of the sea
- Beauty blender long-wear foundation sample
- Makeup forever foundation sample
- Urban decay all nighter makeup setting spray sample
- Moroccanoil night body serum
I have to say this is definitely one of my favorites so far! Foundation is so expensive and I got three nice size samples of foundations that I am absolutely in love with! I have never even heard of Beauty blender foundation but I think this will be my new go-to!
I paid $10.70 for this entire box and I got quite a bit of foundation that would normally be very pricey.
This box was 100% win. I was considering unsubscribing to a few boxes since I am subscribed to so many right now but with the quality of these products and for such a little price I just can’t stop!
December 2019 Sephora Play Box Peek
- Nars- lipstick in Tolede
- Clinique- High Impact Mascara
- Living Proof- Full thickening cream
- Skinfix- redness recovery antioxidant overnight mask
- Peace Out- acne healing dots
- Maison Margiela- Replica perfume
To sum it all up…
I’ll be def keeping this subscription beauty box for now. In my opinion it is definitely affordable and you get a lot of bang for your buck. I feel like these items are a higher quality than my other boxes. Definitely better than birchbox for the same price.