BIRCHBOX Beauty Subscription- Is it Worth it?
So as you probably have been able to tell. I am a little obsessed with the latest beauty box subscription trend. I have been getting BOXYCHARM, TARTE and Ipsy plus all their awesome upgrades for quite a while now! So of course I had to jump in and try Birchbox!
But how did the birchbox subscription stack up against the competition?
Sadly it didn’t.
Maybe I am being harsh because I’ve been so spoiled with my other beauty boxes. I mean it’s not that this box is bad, it’s just that the other boxes are SO GOOD.
I am really used to being spoiled with FULL SIZE luxury products, not sample size.
I’m not much of a sample girl. I’m kind of a minimalist and don’t really want the clutter of teensy tiny products everywhere. However this would be something my sister would probably LOVE. So I guess it is really up to the person.
How Much Does Birchbox Cost?
Get a monthly beauty box of five samples tailored to your skin, hair, and style. $15 per month.
Or you can choose to prepay to save money.
Prepay for 6 months and pay only $14 per month. Prepay for 12 months and pay only $13 per month.
- Monthly Plan $15/month
- 6 Month Plan $14/month
- 12 Month Plan $13/month
These products are truly great. And I do believe it is a great value. Unfortunately for me, it’s just the size that irritates me. I think I would rather have 2 full size products for $15 than a bunch of tiny samples for $15.
Does that make sense to you guys? So again, probably complete preference but Birchbox just didn’t stack up to me. And I honestly feel like $10 would be a fairer price. I mean think of all the full size stuff you get in an Ipsy bag for $10. And heck, think of all the AMAZING full size products in Boxycharm for only $21 a month.
Check out my other reviews with pictures of products and past boxes from beauty box subscriptions I really do love below!
- BOXYCHARM REVIEW
- BOXYLUXE REVIEW
- IPSY GLAM BAG REVIEW
- IPSY GLAM BAG PLUS REVIEW
- TARTE SUBSCRIPTION REVIEW
I did like that you take an individual beauty survey. This makes your beauty box tailored specifically to you. You can change your survey at anytime and they can adjust your samples.
This box is perfect for someone who doesn’t like to spend big money on these luxury beauty items without knowing for sure if they like it or not first.
June 2019 Birchbox Review
- Eyeko- Brow Liner in Medium- waterproof brow definer
- Jane Iredale- Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain in Forever Pink
- Kiehl’s- Ultra Facial Cream– ultrahydrating moisturizer
- Marcelle- CC Cream SPF 35 Complete Correction in Golden Glow
- Number 4- Jour d’automne Smoothing Balm
- Oribe- Matte Waves Texture Lotion
July 2019 Birchox Review
- TOCCA Florence Eau de Parfum
- Davines MINU Illuminating Shampoo – For Color-Treated Hair
- Davines MINU Illuminating Conditioner – For Color-Treated Hair
- Davines MINU Hair Serum – For Color-Treated Hair
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel
- ARROW REVITALIZE Undereye Brightening Serum
- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30
- LARITZY Pressed Highlighter
BIRCHBOX Referral Code
And as much as I would just love to receive your referral credit for raving about this beauty box, I just can’t honestly recommend them for this price. If it was $10 I would say yes. But I wouldn’t do $15 for these samples.
BUT if you want to try it for yourself anyway, feel free to use my referral link HERE>https://www.birchbox.com/invite/makingtimeforit
You can also opt to get a full size box called Limited Editions. Now this is more up my alley. However they are different boxes you can choose from and different prices. I’ll update this post if I get around to trying out a BIRCHBOX Limited Edition box.
Other Subscription Beauty Box Reviews
Until next time, cheers!