Looking to check out boxycharms newest subscription beauty box, boxycharm premium? See my sneak peeks here! Read More
Is the Sephora Play Box a good buy for $10 a month? Check out my latest subscription beauty box addiction and my Sephora Play Box Review. So first up, lets go over all the details. Then check out my boxes below. First up, everybody wants to know what you get and what it cost.
How much does the Sephora Play Box cost?
The Sephora Play Box cost only $10 a month!
What do you get in a Sephora Play Box?
You will receive 6 different new and luxury items in your box. These items can be full size or trial size. You also get a reusable bag you can store your items in or use for something else. It comes with 50 bonus beauty insider points in each box as well!
According to Sephora in each play box you get:
- Five deluxe skin care, makeup, or hair care samples (plus a beauty bonus!) that are curated by our experts. Since beauty isn’t one-size-fits-all, we send you a selection of products that we think are the best for you, based on the answers you provide in your PLAY! PROFILE
- A reusable, recyclable bag that changes with each month’s theme
- Access to video and how-to content on Sephora.com/PLAY
PLAY! BOOK with tips, tricks, how-tos, and beauty advice
- PLAY! PASS to redeem in store or online for 50 bonus Beauty Insider points and a free one-on-one tutorial*
- Free shipping on all PLAY! by SEPHORA boxes
Why should I choose Sephora Play over a different subscription box?
According to Sephora, here are the many reasons you’ll love Sephora Play.
- Try beauty you’ll love – Every box comes with top products from the most buzzworthy brands. Based on your individual PLAY! profile, you’ll get a version with skincare, makeup, hair care, and fragrance trial sizes worth up to a $65 value.
- Get even more samples- Inside every box, you’ll receive a pass good -for 50 bonus Beauty Insider points when you redeem it in store or online – use those points to get even more trial size samples at the Rewards Bazaar.*
- Level up your skills- Each month you’ll get exclusive videos, fun tutorials, and tons of hacks for your new products. Plus, see what subscribers are saying and share what you’re loving in the PLAY! community group.
Do I pick out what comes in my box?
You complete a beauty profile so Sephora can tailor your box specific to your needs.
When will I receive my box?
You will receive your Play box around the 20th of each month.
Can I cancel my Sephora Play Box?
Cancel anytime before the first of the month in order to not be charged. You can resubscribe any time.
Sephora Play Box Review
Okay so here is my take on it. I received excellent products my first box! I will keep a running list of all of my new boxes on here with pictures so you check them out as well. A lot of what I got was sample size but it is the quality of sample that is important. I got high priced luxury items. The retinoid serum alone is worth $85 for the full size. I have been wanting to try this so the sample they gave me was great. I got a full size NARS lipstick pencil which I didn’t think I would love the color. But to my surprise I did. It was a muted brown shade but I really love it.
The reusable bag isn’t as cute as Ipsy. But at this point in my makeup game, I have so many reusable bags I’m not worried about it. Plus if putting a bag like this in the box gives them more wiggle room for better samples than that it good with me.
August 2019 Sephora Play Box
- GLAMGLOWSUPERTONER ™ Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner
- SUNDAY RILEYA+ High-Dose Retinol Serum
- BAREMINERALSDew Mist Shimmering Setting Spray
- NARSVelvet Matte Lipstick Pencil
- CLINIQUEMoisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
- BRIOGEOFarewell Frizz™ Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Crème
September 2019 Sephora play box review
- Benefit gimme brow eyebrow gel
- Lancome lancome Monseiur mascara
- First aid Beauty primer
- Belif moisturizing balm
- Briogeo deep conditioning hair mask
- Viktor & Rolf perfume sample magic sage spell
- 50 Sephora points
I have been dying to try that Lancome mascara so that alone makes this box a total win! You can’t beat these amazing luxury products for the price!
October 2019 Sephora Play Box Review
- SMASHBOX photo finish primer
- Tarte water foundation rainforest of the sea
- Beauty blender long-wear foundation sample
- Makeup forever foundation sample
- Urban decay all nighter makeup setting spray sample
- Moroccanoil night body serum
I have to say this is definitely one of my favorites so far! Foundation is so expensive and I got three nice size samples of foundations that I am absolutely in love with! I have never even heard of Beauty blender foundation but I think this will be my new go-to!
I paid $10.70 for this entire box and I got quite a bit of foundation that would normally be very pricey.
This box was 100% win. I was considering unsubscribing to a few boxes since I am subscribed to so many right now but with the quality of these products and for such a little price I just can’t stop!
December 2019 Sephora Play Box Peek
- Nars- lipstick in Tolede
- Clinique- High Impact Mascara
- Living Proof- Full thickening cream
- Skinfix- redness recovery antioxidant overnight mask
- Peace Out- acne healing dots
- Maison Margiela- Replica perfume
To sum it all up…
I’ll be def keeping this subscription beauty box for now. In my opinion it is definitely affordable and you get a lot of bang for your buck. I feel like these items are a higher quality than my other boxes. Definitely better than birchbox for the same price.
Check out my other beauty box reviews below:
I never thought I would attempt hair extensions.
But my oh my I was missing out. A friend of mine just introduced me to Untangled. And I’m not sorry. Check out my Untangled hair extension review.
Who ever thought it would be THIS easy? I’m one of those hair is straightened or in a plain pony type. I guess you could say I am hair challenged!
This has totally changed me. I can now add instant volume and already styled hair in a split second.
I can transform a boring look into sleek and polished in a matter of minutes.
Life saver. Well I guess I should say, hair saver.
Untangled Hair Extension Review
As someone who is totally hair challenged like me, this is too easy. I can transform a look in seconds. I love that I am able to add length and volume so easily!
The best part? It is already styled. Or I can do a different style while it is not actually on my head. So much easier when you aren’t actually styling the hair on your own head!
Untangled is sure to have your prefect color. You can browse their website (like I did) and pick your shade. Or you can purchase a color ring with all of the shades for only $10. But then they give you $20 off when your purchase. You can also go their website and submit a picture and they will color match you.
All of their hair is synthetic and can be styled with your own styling tools! So you can curl your “hair”, off of your head! So much easier!
The hair is so natural and silky too. You literally cannot tell this is not my real hair.
Section off the top of your hair. I just clip it up. Place extensions with the wire on the crown of the head. Let down your top clip and pull front sections out. So easy. Here is a picture off of their website so you can see how to apply untangled hair extensions. You can click on the pic to take you to their site where you can learn more.
and while I love these halo extensions, my favorite purchase from Untangled is the ponytail extensions.
Untangled Ponytail Extension Review
I have to wear my hair up in a ponytail everyday to work. So now I have a simple glorified ponytail that looks nice already done for me!
I just put my hair in a regular ponytail then velcro this beautiful piece around it. Then I add these cute hair scarves they sent with it. and BOOM. Instacute.
I got the “dippy” 24″ ponytail and it blends in perfectly.
How much do Untangled extensions cost?
At the time of this article:
Bang hair extensions are $39.00 Ponytail Extensions are $45, Halo extensions are $55.
Not bad on something that can change your everyday hair routine and I believe these will hold up for a LONG time!
Hope you enjoyed my Untangled hair extension review.
I’m loving the instant transformation and ease of these beautiful hair additions! If you want an easy, no fuss way to style your hair then I would def give these a try!
Turing 33 has led me to begin some serious self-care soul searching. I found a high quality skincare line I love! Here is my Ivy Leaf Skincare review. Read More
So as you probably have been able to tell. I am a little obsessed with the latest beauty box subscription trend. I have been getting BOXYCHARM, TARTE and Ipsy plus all their awesome upgrades for quite a while now! So of course I had to jump in and try Birchbox!
But how did the birchbox subscription stack up against the competition?
Sadly it didn’t.
Maybe I am being harsh because I’ve been so spoiled with my other beauty boxes. I mean it’s not that this box is bad, it’s just that the other boxes are SO GOOD.
I am really used to being spoiled with FULL SIZE luxury products, not sample size.
I’m not much of a sample girl. I’m kind of a minimalist and don’t really want the clutter of teensy tiny products everywhere. However this would be something my sister would probably LOVE. So I guess it is really up to the person.
How Much Does Birchbox Cost?
Get a monthly beauty box of five samples tailored to your skin, hair, and style. $15 per month.
Or you can choose to prepay to save money.
Prepay for 6 months and pay only $14 per month. Prepay for 12 months and pay only $13 per month.
- Monthly Plan $15/month
- 6 Month Plan $14/month
- 12 Month Plan $13/month
These products are truly great. And I do believe it is a great value. Unfortunately for me, it’s just the size that irritates me. I think I would rather have 2 full size products for $15 than a bunch of tiny samples for $15.
Does that make sense to you guys? So again, probably complete preference but Birchbox just didn’t stack up to me. And I honestly feel like $10 would be a fairer price. I mean think of all the full size stuff you get in an Ipsy bag for $10. And heck, think of all the AMAZING full size products in Boxycharm for only $21 a month.
Check out my other reviews with pictures of products and past boxes from beauty box subscriptions I really do love below!
- BOXYCHARM REVIEW
- BOXYLUXE REVIEW
- IPSY GLAM BAG REVIEW
- IPSY GLAM BAG PLUS REVIEW
- TARTE SUBSCRIPTION REVIEW
I did like that you take an individual beauty survey. This makes your beauty box tailored specifically to you. You can change your survey at anytime and they can adjust your samples.
This box is perfect for someone who doesn’t like to spend big money on these luxury beauty items without knowing for sure if they like it or not first.
June 2019 Birchbox Review
- Eyeko- Brow Liner in Medium- waterproof brow definer
- Jane Iredale- Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain in Forever Pink
- Kiehl’s- Ultra Facial Cream– ultrahydrating moisturizer
- Marcelle- CC Cream SPF 35 Complete Correction in Golden Glow
- Number 4- Jour d’automne Smoothing Balm
- Oribe- Matte Waves Texture Lotion
July 2019 Birchox Review
- TOCCA Florence Eau de Parfum
- Davines MINU Illuminating Shampoo – For Color-Treated Hair
- Davines MINU Illuminating Conditioner – For Color-Treated Hair
- Davines MINU Hair Serum – For Color-Treated Hair
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel
- ARROW REVITALIZE Undereye Brightening Serum
- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30
- LARITZY Pressed Highlighter
BIRCHBOX Referral Code
And as much as I would just love to receive your referral credit for raving about this beauty box, I just can’t honestly recommend them for this price. If it was $10 I would say yes. But I wouldn’t do $15 for these samples.
BUT if you want to try it for yourself anyway, feel free to use my referral link HERE>https://www.birchbox.com/invite/makingtimeforit
You can also opt to get a full size box called Limited Editions. Now this is more up my alley. However they are different boxes you can choose from and different prices. I’ll update this post if I get around to trying out a BIRCHBOX Limited Edition box.
Other Subscription Beauty Box Reviews
Until next time, cheers!