Looking to check out boxycharms newest subscription beauty box, boxycharm premium? See my sneak peeks here! Read More
Is the Sephora Play Box a good buy for $10 a month? Check out my latest subscription beauty box addiction and my Sephora Play Box Review. So first up, lets go over all the details. Then check out my boxes below. First up, everybody wants to know what you get and what it cost.
How much does the Sephora Play Box cost?
The Sephora Play Box cost only $10 a month!
What do you get in a Sephora Play Box?
You will receive 6 different new and luxury items in your box. These items can be full size or trial size. You also get a reusable bag you can store your items in or use for something else. It comes with 50 bonus beauty insider points in each box as well!
According to Sephora in each play box you get:
- Five deluxe skin care, makeup, or hair care samples (plus a beauty bonus!) that are curated by our experts. Since beauty isn’t one-size-fits-all, we send you a selection of products that we think are the best for you, based on the answers you provide in your PLAY! PROFILE
- A reusable, recyclable bag that changes with each month’s theme
- Access to video and how-to content on Sephora.com/PLAY
PLAY! BOOK with tips, tricks, how-tos, and beauty advice
- PLAY! PASS to redeem in store or online for 50 bonus Beauty Insider points and a free one-on-one tutorial*
- Free shipping on all PLAY! by SEPHORA boxes
Why should I choose Sephora Play over a different subscription box?
According to Sephora, here are the many reasons you’ll love Sephora Play.
- Try beauty you’ll love – Every box comes with top products from the most buzzworthy brands. Based on your individual PLAY! profile, you’ll get a version with skincare, makeup, hair care, and fragrance trial sizes worth up to a $65 value.
- Get even more samples- Inside every box, you’ll receive a pass good -for 50 bonus Beauty Insider points when you redeem it in store or online – use those points to get even more trial size samples at the Rewards Bazaar.*
- Level up your skills- Each month you’ll get exclusive videos, fun tutorials, and tons of hacks for your new products. Plus, see what subscribers are saying and share what you’re loving in the PLAY! community group.
Do I pick out what comes in my box?
You complete a beauty profile so Sephora can tailor your box specific to your needs.
When will I receive my box?
You will receive your Play box around the 20th of each month.
Can I cancel my Sephora Play Box?
Cancel anytime before the first of the month in order to not be charged. You can resubscribe any time.
Sephora Play Box Review
Okay so here is my take on it. I received excellent products my first box! I will keep a running list of all of my new boxes on here with pictures so you check them out as well. A lot of what I got was sample size but it is the quality of sample that is important. I got high priced luxury items. The retinoid serum alone is worth $85 for the full size. I have been wanting to try this so the sample they gave me was great. I got a full size NARS lipstick pencil which I didn’t think I would love the color. But to my surprise I did. It was a muted brown shade but I really love it.
The reusable bag isn’t as cute as Ipsy. But at this point in my makeup game, I have so many reusable bags I’m not worried about it. Plus if putting a bag like this in the box gives them more wiggle room for better samples than that it good with me.
August 2019 Sephora Play Box
- GLAMGLOWSUPERTONER ™ Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner
- SUNDAY RILEYA+ High-Dose Retinol Serum
- BAREMINERALSDew Mist Shimmering Setting Spray
- NARSVelvet Matte Lipstick Pencil
- CLINIQUEMoisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
- BRIOGEOFarewell Frizz™ Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Crème
September 2019 Sephora play box review
- Benefit gimme brow eyebrow gel
- Lancome lancome Monseiur mascara
- First aid Beauty primer
- Belif moisturizing balm
- Briogeo deep conditioning hair mask
- Viktor & Rolf perfume sample magic sage spell
- 50 Sephora points
I have been dying to try that Lancome mascara so that alone makes this box a total win! You can’t beat these amazing luxury products for the price!
October 2019 Sephora Play Box Review
- SMASHBOX photo finish primer
- Tarte water foundation rainforest of the sea
- Beauty blender long-wear foundation sample
- Makeup forever foundation sample
- Urban decay all nighter makeup setting spray sample
- Moroccanoil night body serum
I have to say this is definitely one of my favorites so far! Foundation is so expensive and I got three nice size samples of foundations that I am absolutely in love with! I have never even heard of Beauty blender foundation but I think this will be my new go-to!
I paid $10.70 for this entire box and I got quite a bit of foundation that would normally be very pricey.
This box was 100% win. I was considering unsubscribing to a few boxes since I am subscribed to so many right now but with the quality of these products and for such a little price I just can’t stop!
December 2019 Sephora Play Box Peek
- Nars- lipstick in Tolede
- Clinique- High Impact Mascara
- Living Proof- Full thickening cream
- Skinfix- redness recovery antioxidant overnight mask
- Peace Out- acne healing dots
- Maison Margiela- Replica perfume
To sum it all up…
I’ll be def keeping this subscription beauty box for now. In my opinion it is definitely affordable and you get a lot of bang for your buck. I feel like these items are a higher quality than my other boxes. Definitely better than birchbox for the same price.
Check out my other beauty box reviews below:
I never thought I would attempt hair extensions.
But my oh my I was missing out. A friend of mine just introduced me to Untangled. And I’m not sorry. Check out my Untangled hair extension review.
Who ever thought it would be THIS easy? I’m one of those hair is straightened or in a plain pony type. I guess you could say I am hair challenged!
This has totally changed me. I can now add instant volume and already styled hair in a split second.
I can transform a boring look into sleek and polished in a matter of minutes.
Life saver. Well I guess I should say, hair saver.
Untangled Hair Extension Review
As someone who is totally hair challenged like me, this is too easy. I can transform a look in seconds. I love that I am able to add length and volume so easily!
The best part? It is already styled. Or I can do a different style while it is not actually on my head. So much easier when you aren’t actually styling the hair on your own head!
Untangled is sure to have your prefect color. You can browse their website (like I did) and pick your shade. Or you can purchase a color ring with all of the shades for only $10. But then they give you $20 off when your purchase. You can also go their website and submit a picture and they will color match you.
All of their hair is synthetic and can be styled with your own styling tools! So you can curl your “hair”, off of your head! So much easier!
The hair is so natural and silky too. You literally cannot tell this is not my real hair.
Section off the top of your hair. I just clip it up. Place extensions with the wire on the crown of the head. Let down your top clip and pull front sections out. So easy. Here is a picture off of their website so you can see how to apply untangled hair extensions. You can click on the pic to take you to their site where you can learn more.
and while I love these halo extensions, my favorite purchase from Untangled is the ponytail extensions.
Untangled Ponytail Extension Review
I have to wear my hair up in a ponytail everyday to work. So now I have a simple glorified ponytail that looks nice already done for me!
I just put my hair in a regular ponytail then velcro this beautiful piece around it. Then I add these cute hair scarves they sent with it. and BOOM. Instacute.
I got the “dippy” 24″ ponytail and it blends in perfectly.
How much do Untangled extensions cost?
At the time of this article:
Bang hair extensions are $39.00 Ponytail Extensions are $45, Halo extensions are $55.
Not bad on something that can change your everyday hair routine and I believe these will hold up for a LONG time!
Hope you enjoyed my Untangled hair extension review.
I’m loving the instant transformation and ease of these beautiful hair additions! If you want an easy, no fuss way to style your hair then I would def give these a try!
Turing 33 has led me to begin some serious self-care soul searching. I found a high quality skincare line I love! Here is my Ivy Leaf Skincare review. Read More
As you can probably tell by now, we have been making time for a lot of quick travelling this year. This year travelling has been so much fun. We are always on the go visiting new places on the weekends. This weekend we chose to Read More
As you may have noticed, I have a slight obsession with subscription beauty boxes! Check out my boxycharm review!
Is this real life??
I think I must have died and went to makeup beauty heaven ?
I have tried a few subscription boxes in the past but my ALL time favorite is Boxycharm!!!
Every single box BLOWS me away!
You could NEVER purchase even half these items for the cost of this box! It is truly beauty heaven!
$21 y’all. $21. For so much AMAZING stuff!!
I’m talking about the newest. The best of the best. The latest. The greatest. Ah, beauty heaven.How do they always know what I like? It’s like they know me!
What’s in your Boxycharm box?
Tarte, Too Faced, Wander, Cover FX, Moda.. and so many more…. gahhhh I could rave all day but you just don’t know till you try it yourself.
If you are on a budget or even just like to check out the latest makeup and beauty products, give boxycharm a try!
You WILL NOT be disappointed!
So here’s the scoop.
In each box, you will receive 4 to 5 FULL SIZE beauty items. Ranging from makeup and skincare, to beauty tools and color cosmetics, each box has a minimum value of $100.
From my experience it’s always been WAY over that!!
And always FREE SHIPPING.
I don’t know why free shipping matters to me but paying shipping drives me nuts. Like I’ll pay $10 for an item but I would not buy the exact same item for $5 plus $5 shipping. Equals the same. I know. Doesn’t matter to me. I make zero sense. I’m just a weirdo like that.
Whatevs. I’ve been called crazy before.
Tutorials, exclusives, refferals
Boxycharm also has tons of awesome tutorials that you can check out to see how to use your new products! I’m not exactly a makeup artist so trust me when I say this helps!
They have tons of exclusive members-only offers promo only top notch brands.
You can also earn rewards and refer other people to get a box to earn awesome points to get exclusive products!
Once you’re subscribed you will get a referral code. Then, share boxycharm with your friends and tell em’ how much you love it. You will earn charms for awesome products!
Here is my link to get your exclusive boxycharm box! Let me know if you are obsessed as I am with it!! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Or type my code in the code box⬇️
Oh yeah and not that it matters to you but it does to me. I am a straight sucker for sexy packaging. And Boxycharm nailed that.
Boxycharm review-Boxyluxe Review
Basically a Boxycharm bonus.
A freaking AWESOME ass bonus.
Add only $28.99 every 3 months to your box and every 3rd month they LOAD you up with the TOP OF THE LINE… Over $250 worth of brand name beauty products.
Worth EVERY stinkin’ penny.
I’m already signed up for this for June! I seriously cannot believe the amount of amazing stuff in this box! Seriously insane.
I don’t know how they afford to do this. I’m assuming they must have deals with the companies to help promote their new stuff. Whatever the case may be, I dig it!
Because this IS the bees knees.
Oh, and not that you would want to… but you can cancel at anytime.
So check it out. Let me know what you think!
Also let me know your other favorite subscriptions in the comments! Hope you enjoyed my boxycharm review! Check out my Ipsy review > https://www.makingtimeforit.com/ipsy-review/
GET YOUR BOXYCHARM with my link
Peak of my April 2019 box
1) Pretty Vulgar (Value $35.00) Nightingale eye shadow palette: 12 HIGHLY pigmented shades. All shades I would ACTUALLY use. Like really. No crazy lime green colors. Although some may dig that. I’m pretty neutral.
2) Luxie (Value $21.00) 4 pc eye set: 4 synthetic eye brushes. PERFECT for the best eye shadow application. These brushes are fab!
3)Bang Beauty (Value $22.00) Chocolate eyeliner: Again a color I would totally use. I was always worried I would get colors that people didn’t want. But this is stuff I actually love and will use! The stuff is amazeballs. Goes on creamy, smooth and lasts!
4) Tatcha (Value $24.00)- luminous dewy skin mask: This was DREAMY. I would have never spent this on myself for a skin mask..I’m usually pretty frugal.. but after trying it I will definitely purchase this in the future! It’s so refreshing and nourishing! I can actually tell a difference in my skin!
5) Tarte (Value$20) glitter lip paint: Again this is something I probably would not have bought on my own. BUT..After trying it I love how it is sheer but has that perfect shimmer glitter shine. It actually makes the lips appear fuller! You can use this over lipstick or alone! Very soothing too!
Total box value : $122!
All for $21! Freaking crazy right?
You CANNOT beat this deal. No other box has yet in my honest opinion!
Get your Boxycharm box here ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Peak my May 2019 Boxycharm Box
- Glamglow-($28.00) GentleBubble Cleanser-this is the cutest face cleaner! Leaves your skin totally moisturized and feels so clean and smooth! Oat amino acids condition the skin plus vitamin E to moisturize!
- Alamar-($22.00) Colorette Blush Trio- Buttery smooth triple blush shades, highly pigmented! I love this because I never thought I would be a peach girl but I loved it!
- Ciate London-($22.00) Eyeshadow Lustre Creme- metallic and glittery liquid eyeshadow, stays on so good! Can go over shadow as a topper or by itself!
- Dose of Colors- ($18.00)Liquid Matte Lipsticks- velvety and matte, lasts all day! LOVE this color!!
- Bodyography-($14.00) Eyeliner Pencil- I love me some eyeliner! This one goes on smooth and glides easily! No smudging and last all day! High pigment!
Total Value of BOXYCHARM May 2019 box: $104! ALL for only $21!
Peak my June 2019 Boxycharm Box
- Elemis-($35)Superfood Vital Veggie Mask
- Butter London($32)natural Goddess
- Luxie($30)- Gaea 3 piece brush set
- Ofra($20)- liquid lip
- Lashaholics($14.99)- intaglam false eyelashes
Total value $131.99 for only $21
August 2019 Boxycharm
- Becca- Hydra- mist & refresh powder ($39)
- Wander- Glow ahead Illuminating oil ($42)
- Tarte- Big ego mascara ($23)
- Ace Beaute- glimmer shadow duo ($25)
- Steve Laurant- lip liner ($15)
October 2019 boxycharm
- Dose of Colors – Eyeshadow Palette mauve
- Touch in Sol pretty filter glossy skin balm
- Iconic London lip plumping gloss
- Briogeo hair repair moisture mask
- Luna eyeliner
Boxycharm November 2019 peak
- Juice Beauty – Stem Cellular Anti Wrinkle Eye Treatment
- Dominque Cosmetics – Celestial Thunder Eye Shadow Palette
- Dose of Colors – Liquid Matte Lipstick
- Tula Skincare – Star Bright Nourishing & Brightening Cosmic Hydrogel Mask – Set of 2
- BoxyCharm – Two Brush Set with BC logo Pouch
Just when I think BOXYCHARM can’t get ANY better. It does…
Since I am already getting BOXYCHARM subscription boxes, that makes me a “Charmer”. As a charmer I get to choose to add on every 3 months to an EVEN better beauty box, BOXYLUXE. For an extra $28 bucks every 3 months, I get a HUGE box filled with expensive goodies!
Hard to believe it could get any better. Every 3 months, you’ll experience more products worth over $250! BoxyLuxe replaces your regular box, but you’ll enjoy the regular box the months in-between.
After getting charged for your current subscription, you’ll pay an additional $28.99 for your BoxyLuxe
Peak My June 2019 BOXYCHARM LUXE
In Boxyluxe June 2019 Box
Check out the FULL review of BOXYLuxe HERE
- Tarte- Be you. Naturally. Eyeshadow Palette-tarte is always my go to shadow, I love the natural yet highly pigmented shades. Always my fav colors!
- Touch In Sol- No Poreblem Prime Essence– This primer leaves your makeup looking so smooth! Love this, will buy after I run out!
- Dominique Cosmetics- Lemonade Lipgloss– taste so good! Love this, moisturizing and thick!
- PYT-Mini Turbo On the go dryer– I’m a traveler so this powerful blowdryer is PERFECT . My hair had no frizz with this!
- Dr.Brandt- Clean Biotic PH balnaced yogurt cleanser with chlorophyll– incredibly hydrating and refreshing
- Farmacy- Honeymoon Glow AHA Resurfacing Night Serum– Love this and will def keep buying this! My face feels so good with this!
- Living Proof- Full Thickening Cream– I am so glad I got to try this. I normally wouldn’t have bought a thickening cream but this made my hair so silky and full!
- Trestique- Good Vibes Mascara-Nice! Always love a good mascara!
- Skin & Co- Truffle Therapy Radiant Dew Mist– there is something about these mist that is so addicting. Again something like this is something I would not usually spend money on but after trying it, I’m addicted! Leaves your skin so refreshed and sets makeup perfectly!
Other Reviews of Beauty Box Suscriptions
Until next time, Cheers!
hellocharmer #boxycharm #charmer #beautyblogger #boxyfomo #boxyluxe #totallyboxy